Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/27/18

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

Sep 27, 2018, 10:32:45 PM9/27/18
to Colorado Birds
Another day with a fairly steady stream of birds.  44 new birds, including 2 unusual species - a Rock Wren and a White-throated Sparrow - and a Black-capped Chickadee banded in 2016:

Black-capped Chickadee 1, banded 2016
Rock Wren 1
House Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 6
Hermit Thrush 2
Gray Catbird 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 7
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 9
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 1
Wilson's Warbler 4
Chipping Sparrow 3
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
White-throated Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 6
Dark-eyed Junco, Pink-sided 1

We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through October 14. We are opening nets at 6:30 and should have birds back at the station by 7:15. We will close most days by about 11:30, earlier as long as this heat continues. School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station