Mtn Plovers NOW El Paso Cty

mel...@comcast.net

Mar 31, 2015, 3:33:40 PM3/31/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com

We just saw 2 mountain plovers on Squirrel Creek Rd in eastern El Paso country. They were directly across the road from the red brick ruins of a school. There were 2 walking in a prairie dog field
Directions : take Myers Road east of Peyton highway to squirrel Creek Road. go north so you are about 1 quarter mile north of Deering road. the birds were in the field across the road from the school ruins.

Mel Goff
Colorado Springs

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

vorticity (Rick Taylor)

Apr 1, 2015, 9:19:15 AM4/1/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I plotted this on Google Earth for those who might be interested.  The School Ruins are at  38° 37.319'N, 104° 20.952'W.  Paste those coordinates into any mapping software.

Rick Taylor

Ted Floyd

Apr 1, 2015, 10:26:59 AM4/1/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Or just paste into your browser window, and hit RETURN. It's that simple. Thanks to Rick Taylor and others who post coordinates. I need to get better at this.

A few notes for Boulder County birders: Sunday morning, Mar. 29, at Panama Rez: American White Pelican and Ring-necked Pheasant, and Franklin's Gull nearby; Monday morning, Mar. 30, in Gregory Canyon: Western Bluebird and Turkey VultureCanyon Wren singing, several Brown Creepers singing, and Mountain Chickadees and Red-breasted Nuthatches nest-building.

By the way:

Panama Reservoir: 40.099014, -105.077416
Gregory Canyon: 39.997536, -105.292759

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County, Colorado