change of venue for Boulder County Long-tailed Duck

David Dowell

Nov 24, 2014, 11:00:12 AM11/24/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
This morning in the Longmont area, I did not see a Long-tailed Duck at McIntosh Reservoir, but I did see one at Lagerman Reservoir.  Lagerman was ice covered a week ago but is now ice free.  An excited group of Ring-billed Gulls, Herring Gulls, Common Mergansers, and Common Goldeneyes was feeding there this morning.  Lagerman might be worth checking in the near future to see if a more interesting gull shows up.

The area of open water on McIntosh Reservoir is still small.  As the ice recedes this week, I wonder if the feeding group will move there.  McIntosh is the more typical location for the local merganser-goldeneye-gull activity this time of year.

David Dowell
Longmont, CO