Red-necked Grebe, Adams County

Adam Vesely

Oct 28, 2020, 7:30:11 PM10/28/20
to Colorado Birds
Hi all,

I had a Red-necked Grebe this evening in Brighton (Adams County). Specifically, the bird was in this unnamed reservoir:
39.951870, -104.853188 which can be accessed by parking here:
39.943753, -104.852972

A little further north there were 3 Common Loons in "Cell No. 3" Reservoir.

Adam Vesely
Thornton, CO

Susan Rosine

Oct 30, 2020, 5:23:21 PM10/30/20
to Colorado Birds
Thanks Adam! I was able to re-find it today, after searching with my binoculars through all the Western Grebes!
Although there is no name for the body of water on a map, there are signs there to indicate it's called Willow Bay Lake. I think the parking lot is for either the "Front Range Trail",or "South Platte River Trail".
Susan Rosine
Brighton, Adams County