Rock Wren [Nunn Yard, Nunn, Weld]

The "Nunn Guy"

Sep 21, 2016, 4:20:20 PM9/21/16
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

Quick report ... unexpected Rock Wren this afternoon in yard.  Typically, I can find them during summer rare in fall.  Nice to see him boppin' around yard.

BTW Crom Lake is still full of water--recent birds include:  Horned Grebe and Ruddy Duck.

Thanks

Gary Lefko, Nunn

Follow Me | Colorado Birder Club

Nathanial Warning

Sep 22, 2016, 9:04:31 AM9/22/16
to Colorado Birds
Hi Gary,
   I recently completed a research project that looked at the prevalence of rock wrens out on the plains. The results showed a significant cluster of rock wren vagrants near the Republican and Smoky Hill Rivers. (Further east than Nunn, but interesting nonetheless. I will post the link, but I don't think that this format will allow me to attach the article. I am happy to email a PDF of the article via e-mail (natwa...@gmail.com) to anyone who would like a copy.

Best Regards,   Nat Warning