Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Station, 8/25/18

40 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

no llegida,
25 d’ag. 2018, 18:33:4125/8/18
a Colorado Birds
A perfectly lovely first day of fall banding - a nice cloud cover kept the temperature down so we were comfortable banding 67 new birds.  Although Wilson's Warblers dominated, we had a great mix of species:

Warbling Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Black-capped Chickadee 4
House Wren 6
Gray Catbird 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 5
Virginia's Warbler 1
Yellow Warbler 10
Townsend's Warbler 3
American Redstart 1
MacGillivray's Warbler 2
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 29
Song Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1

We will be open 6 days per week (closed Mondays), weather permitting, through October 14.  We are opening nets at 6:30 and should have birds back at the station by 7:15.  We will close most days by about 11:30.  School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30.  The best time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station