Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chico Basin Ranch, 9/20/19

Robert Snowden

Sep 20, 2019, 5:04:30 PM9/20/19
to Colorado Birds
A very quiet morning today: no visitors, no volunteers, and few birds around the banding station. While the weather was calm the first few hours, it was easily the slowest day of the season so far, with just 6 newly-banded birds and 1 recapture. I suspect that last night's strong southerly breezes weren't very conducive for migrants, among other factors.

Today's summary:

Wilson's Warbler 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
House Wren 1
Western Tanager 1
Gray Catbird 1
Willow/Alder ("Traill's") Flycatcher 1 (within-season recapture)

We are open 6 days a week, closed on Sundays.. Tomorrow we'll be opening nets at 6:40 AM and closing at 11:40 AM, and starting next week net will be opened at 6:50 AM. Visitors are welcome!

Robert Snowden
Bander, Chico Basin Ranch
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies