Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 8/29/17

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

Aug 29, 2017, 7:14:39 PM8/29/17
to Colorado Birds
Another morning much like Sunday - about 3 1/2 hours of banding before we needed to close the nets because of the heat.  Still working with the 12 up front nets - the outer area is remains very muddy.....probably another week before we can put up those nets.  Banded 28 birds today:

House Wren 8
Yellow Warbler 6
American Redstart 1 (2nd of the season, both young males)
Wilson's Warbler 13

Come visit! We are open 6 days per week (CLOSED Mondays), weather permitting. We are opening nets at 6:30 and should have birds back at the station before 7:30. We will close most days by about 11:30, earlier now when it is so hot. School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30.

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies