SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHER - Washington County refound

Joey Kellner

May 27, 2013, 12:07:07 AM5/27/13
to Cobirds
After two attempts (one in the late morning and one in the early evening)
seven of us FINALLY were able to relocate the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher near
the community of Last Chance, Colorado.

The bird was seen west of Last Chance along Hwy 36 between Washington County
Roads B and B.5 at 6pm tonight. Around 5:45pm we noticed that all the
Western and Eastern Kingbirds became much more active in feeding. I'm not
sure if this was due to the time of day or due to the clouds that drifted
overhead, cooling off the daytime highs.

The bird was also seen earlier in the morning by Doug Kibbe's party. Thanks
Doug for letting us know the bird was still around!

Joey.

Joey Kellner
Littleton, Colorado