RPi stucks

Gordon

Jan 9, 2022, 5:04:35 PM1/9/22
to ClusterHAT
Hey.

I have a problem. My Raspberry Pi stucks. Feels like random... but every few seconds it freezes for some seconds and then its back. It is really pain in the a**. Every 2-20 seconds it is freezing for another 1, 2, 3... 10 seconds.

First I thought it is the RPi3. That it is to weak.
So I switched to RPi4/8GB. There was an OS running (on an HDD) already and I could not work with the image. So I tried to set it up myself. Installed clusterctrl and it worked. But then I struggled with the network and suddenly the freezing was back.
It drove me nuts and finally I used the sd card from the RPi3 in the RPi4 and yes, still freezing.
So it has nothing to do with the Raspberry Pi. It is something related to the hat image. But as I am not really good in this stuff, I can't really say what it is. I guess something with the network (that was the last I was working on, before it startet again).

Is anybody experiencing the same problem? Any solution maybe? Or any hint what I could check to find the problem?

Chris Burton

Feb 3, 2022, 3:05:38 PM2/3/22
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
Is anybody experiencing the same problem? Any solution maybe? Or any hint what I could check to find the problem?

It can take a few seconds for things to stabilise when interfaces are added/removed from the bridge but you shouldn't be seeing continuous freezing once things are up so I'd advise checking for any power issues.

I'd plug the output of  running "vcgencmd get_throttled" on the controller into https://www.8086.net/tools/decode-get_throttled to see if it points to a problem with under voltage . Also after you see the freezing I'd advise checking the logs (/var/log/kern.log /var/log/daemon.log) to see if that shows anything.

Chris.

Craig Anderson

Feb 11, 2022, 1:31:14 PM2/11/22
to clust...@googlegroups.com
Chris did you ever get a solution to that problem with the file on the cluster hat?
 I worked for 3 days on trying to get that up and running and had to get away from it for a while.

Thanks in advance.
Craig Anderson.

Chris Burton

Feb 12, 2022, 9:31:24 AM2/12/22
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
Chris did you ever get a solution to that problem with the file on the cluster hat?
 I worked for 3 days on trying to get that up and running and had to get away from it for a while.

I'm not sure what file you're referring to - please start a new thread rather than replying to someone else's and explain what problem you're having and the filenames of the images you're using.

Chris.