Rowing??? and Dues

Debra Heckert

Jun 16, 2020, 7:44:29 PM6/16/20
to Clear Lake Scullers
Hi, Mike et all:

So nice that things are opening up here in Lake County, and hope everyone is doing more than well.  Headed to the Saw Shop Bistro the other night, which was full of very happy people inside and outside; felt almost normal again.

I paid my $200 for the year, Mike, today at Savings Bank of Mendo in Lakeport.  Is anyone into rowing now, or should I plan on going and taking out a single? Does anyone know what shape the boatyard is in? I would be happy to drag my DH and brother-in-law with some grass-tackling equip if necessary.

Debra

Virginia Cerenio

Jun 16, 2020, 8:06:25 PM6/16/20
to Debra Heckert, Clear Lake Scullers
Hi Debra et al. Tom has been mowing and weed-whacking the boat yard the past few months.He had a ten minute conversation with the young female police officer, who handles the homeless assignment, probably because Tom looks homeless when he is dressed to mow! He has been doing sprints in a single Tuesday and Thursday mornings after 7 or 7:30 a.m. (cause he has to go to work eventually) and on weekends, usually Saturday.  Last week, a mother duck landed in his boat and in trying to avoid hitting the ducklings with the oars, the boat tipped over. Luckily, he was close to shore. He was stung by a yellowjacket, so if someone could buy a few traps to put up in the boatyard, all you rowers will be much happier.  Hope this is helpful info.
Virginia

Debra Heckert

Jun 16, 2020, 8:23:09 PM6/16/20
to Virginia Cerenio, Clear Lake Scullers
Oh my gosh-you had me laughing at the mental picture conjured up by "homeless" Tom being accosted by the police-and then gasping with horror at the thought of him going into the water with no one around....and after all that he got stung. Poor Tom! I bet the yellowjacket was really one of those pesky hornets that make nests everywhere this time of year; if we do not still have hornet spray in the shed I can bring some.  I will check out the current grass situation; Tom should not have to do battle with grass, briars, and bees all by himself, poor fella!
Debra

bon...@sbcglobal.net

Jun 21, 2020, 2:56:00 PM6/21/20
to Debra Heckert, Virginia Cerenio, Clear Lake Scullers
Maybe we shouldn’t include this story with the “Learn to Row” info. 😆

Sent from my iPhone

Val McMurdie

Jun 21, 2020, 7:51:04 PM6/21/20
to Debra Heckert, Clear Lake Scullers
Hi Mike, Debra and all:

I have a Firefly 19 with single place outriggers that has dry rot at the gunnel for free; a 10' double oar box with lid hinges and room for 4 oars for free, and a 7' x 3' low float to allow outriggers to be over the top of it for free.  I am offering these three free to the club, or anyone in the club.  The firefly 19 might be cut down at the gunnel and repaired (it has transportation wheels), or might be scrapped for the oar locks, etc.  All three items must just go together.  I do have piantedosi oars and drop-in Concept II riggers to be sold separately.

If Mike, Debra, or anyone else is interested email me at vmcm...@gmail.com.

Val