rowing July 9 7:30 AM

Mike Sullivan

Jul 7, 2022, 1:43:35 PM7/7/22
to Clear Lake Scullers
Scullers

I will be down at the boat yard Saturday at 7:30 am.   Some of you contacted me in spring wanting to get introduced to rowing,   here's your chance!      Let me know via email here that you are coming.

I will be weed whacking as well,  I mowed on the 4th and took a quick inventory of the damage and theft as well as picked up trash.

I'm in Kelseyville for the summer,  and back to coach at UCI again Sept 1.

In case you're interested,  I coached the women's team last year.   there were only a couple returning athletes after a couple years of small turnouts then Covid.    We finished year with about 22 women,  most of whom went to American Collegiate Rowing nationals.

Nearly the entire team were novices, of course,  but I raced them as a varsity eight.   We were way overmatched through most of the year but finished 5th in the nation at nationals beating all of the west coast club varsity teams.

The men's team just returned from racing an eight at Henley on Thames.

see you Saturday

Mike

Mireya Turner

Jul 7, 2022, 2:11:17 PM7/7/22
to Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
Wow! Congrats Mike, on your coaching accomplishments! Sorry to miss you this this weekend but I will be looking for future emails.

Cordially,
Mireya G. Turner, MPA
Deputy Director, Community Development
County of Lake
Mayor Pro Tem
City of Lakeport

cathiscogin

Jul 7, 2022, 2:20:20 PM7/7/22
to Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
Mike, congrats on your teams, good work!  I would love to be there but we won't be home from camping until next week. Hopefully you will be around next weekend and I can learn more from you!  Cathi Scogin.

Debra Heckert

Jul 7, 2022, 3:43:19 PM7/7/22
to Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
Beyond impressive, Mike! And, although you didn't mention it, I believe you had to coach your team from a wheelchair? Truly beyond impressive!!!!!!!  I cannot make Saturday, but hopefully before Sept. 1 there will be a lot more rowing days and happy to help with future clean-up etc. as well.
Debra

cathiscogin

Jul 7, 2022, 4:16:31 PM7/7/22
to Debra Heckert, Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
I'm happy to assist with any cleanup as well, in the future as I am missing this weekend.

Virginia Cerenio

Jul 8, 2022, 10:37:22 AM7/8/22
to cathiscogin, Debra Heckert, Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
Hi Mike and rowing friends: e will be there. I will bring a lock.
Tom Jordan

Sent from my iPhone

Erin McCarrick

Jul 8, 2022, 2:20:14 PM7/8/22
to Debra Heckert, Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers

Chalice Addis

Jul 8, 2022, 3:45:53 PM7/8/22
to Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
Hello There,
I’m interested and look forward to meeting you all tomorrow.  I’m a complete novice at rowing.  I do enjoy kayaking and biking.  Would love the opportunity to learn about rowing from a pro and enjoy the beautiful lake here more.

I’m guessing the location is at the lot/future park, across from the church in Lakeport where the rowing storage is located?

See you all tomorrow!
Chalice

Carol Cole-Lewis

Jul 8, 2022, 8:46:38 PM7/8/22
to Chalice Addis, Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
You are correct about the location. see you tomorrow.

mariette...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2022, 11:31:19 PM7/8/22
to Carol Cole-Lewis, Chalice Addis, Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
I won’t be able to make tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll be able to see everyone later in the hear.

Congratulations Mike!

Sent from my iPhone

Chalice Addis

Jul 16, 2022, 1:58:16 AM7/16/22
to Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
Hey Mike,
Apologies for late notice.  I’ve been down with Covid all week and retested positive again tonight.
I’m going to miss tomorrow but I’ll be back next weekend strong 7-23 and 7-24 if you’re out there.  Please let me know.

Stay well everyone,