Mike out of commission for summer

Mike Sullivan

Jul 23, 2021, 4:35:26 PM7/23/21
to Clear Lake Scullers
Scullers

I had committed to a rowing camp this summer in August.   In inspecting the launch area, it was choked with weeds and not conducive to teaching.   I have been monitoring and waiting for the weeds to start to die and drop down,  which as of a week ago has started to happen in parts of the lake.    My thinking was then to have a camp mid august prepping for a nice Autumn.

However,  last weekend I ruptured both of my quad tendons, and headed for surgery early next week and I'm completely helpless/crippled.    The long term prognosis is good for me but all my summer projects are a fail and my fall coaching gig at Irvine is at some risk.

Let me know what ideas you have.

Sul

Carol Cole-Lewis

Jul 23, 2021, 8:05:54 PM7/23/21
to Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
 Not a great way to celebrate your birthday.

The lake is not very inviting right now. I suggest we might try late September for at least getting the team boats out.

The singles camp will have to wait for you to do it. We can talk more about this when you have a clearer view of your health and future.

Peace,

Carol

Carol Cole-Lewis, she/her
Solar Sales Consultant, Upstart Energy