old fence at boat yard

Mike Sullivan

Sep 23, 2020, 12:29:23 PM9/23/20
to Clear Lake Scullers
Scullers

Need a hand from you if you can.

City needs the fence down in the next few weeks and gone.

I want to hang on to it in case we need it again.     I don't have time to take this down,  I was hoping to get back to it later this fall when I'm back in town.

If you couldn't make the move or if you want to put in some more help,  all I need is to have the fence taken down and put into some stacks.   I'll be able to arrange to have it hauled out and stored, don't need to worry about that.

The fence panels are all held together with a pipe that inserts into a concrete footing.   The pipe is supposed to slide in and out easily of the concrete footing,  but after many years I suspect that dirt has tightened it's grip.

Also,  the footings are likely to have sunk a bit, so prolly have to be pried loose, shovel or pry bar.

One alternative suggested is to take corner pipes out,  push the whole fence over, then dissassemble..

It's something a couple few people can work on at a time.

Who can do this and when?

Thanks

Mike

Carol Cole-Lewis

Sep 23, 2020, 12:37:15 PM9/23/20
to Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
It was fun to see everybody and accomplishing something worthwhile at last weekend's move. I'm up for it again this Saturday (9/26) - let's go with an 8:30 start.

Who can join me?

Peace,

Carol

Carol Cole-Lewis Pronouns: she, her, hers (why this is important)

Tel: (707) 413-0044

Virginia Cerenio

Sep 23, 2020, 12:46:42 PM9/23/20
to Carol Cole-Lewis, Mike Sullivan, Clear Lake Scullers
Tom can be there Saturday 8:30

Sent from my iPhone

Debra Heckert

Sep 24, 2020, 11:28:21 AM9/24/20
to Carol Cole-Lewis, Clear Lake Scullers, Mike Sullivan
Hi; not sure if I can make this...am in northern Arizona straightening out a business there and won’t make it back till Sat afternoon....sorry!

--
Debra

mariette...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2020, 12:13:07 PM9/24/20
to Debra Heckert, Carol Cole-Lewis, Clear Lake Scullers, Mike Sullivan
Sorry guys, I have a work related webinar all day Saturday. So I won’t be able to help this time either.

I miss you all,
Mariette

Sent from my iPhone

Bonnie Tringali

Sep 24, 2020, 4:35:54 PM9/24/20
to mariette...@gmail.com, Debra Heckert, Carol Cole-Lewis, Clear Lake Scullers, Mike Sullivan
I’ll be there.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 24, 2020, at 9:13 AM, mariette...@gmail.com wrote:

Sorry guys, I have a work related webinar all day Saturday. So I won’t be able to help this time either.

Mike Sullivan

Sep 25, 2020, 11:00:23 PM9/25/20
to Clear Lake Scullers
Have you all worked a time?    I'm in bay area on the Conn Findlay project saturday,  I had to pick one of the last two weekends,  CLS or Findlay boats.

I borrowed a pipe puller and have it here at my house.   Borrowed it from Mike and Kim Riley.

If you need it tomorrow,  I think Maile might already have one,  call me, I'll see what we can figure out.

I tested the fence a few days ago when I was in Lakeport with a pipe wrench,  a lot of them are stuck in there.  You farmers know more than I about freeing this stuff easily,  I would pour some water on the base.

Get all you can,  will shorten my task early next week, thanks.

Mike