User events integration

Hafiz Juma

Dec 20, 2021, 6:07:17 AM12/20/21
to cloud-recommendations-users
Hi there,

I'm using GTM data layer to log events for recommendation AI, however, no events are being logged and seeing message that there may be an error with user events integration.

I suspect this is because syntax of events is as per GA4 standard format which is not an exact match to Recommendations AI format, i.e. add_to_cart vs add-to-cart but not able to verify and unsure how to modify event name for recommendation AI without affecting GA4 logging.

Pallav Mehta

Jan 7, 2022, 8:37:40 PM1/7/22
to Hafiz Juma, cloud-recommendations-users
Hafiz, we're launching GA4 support in a few days. Hang tight!

Patrick Hess

Jan 12, 2022, 3:11:49 PM1/12/22
to Pallav Mehta, Hafiz Juma, cloud-recommendations-users
Hi Hafiz,

You can use GA4 by choosing the new option in our GTM tag called 'Data Layer' (we are removing 'Data Layer - Ecommerce/Retail' soon.). If you have GA4 data in the data layer present when the tag fires, we will ingest it.

I suggest you setup your GA4 tag to specify that the Cloud Retail tag fires after it (via Advanced Settings) - that way you can guarantee that the data is present and not overwritten by new data in the data layer for our tag to access.

Cheers,
Patrick