Error 404 when trying to ruin it with mocked data:

Fabrizio Morando

May 26, 2021, 9:33:09 AM5/26/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
hi Guys, I've tried to make Cloud Carbon Footprint - An open source tool to measure and analyze cloud carbon emissions tool to work with mocked data switch.

but at execution time I obtain 404 error and the website doesn't show data.
in attach, a screenshot taken during startup.

thanks in advance!
Fabrizio.

404.JPG

Danielle Erickson

May 26, 2021, 11:46:16 AM5/26/21
to Fabrizio Morando, Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Fabrizio,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We'll look into it and track the issue here.
We'll let you know once it is resolved!

Cheers,
Danielle

Danielle EricksonSenior Consultant Developer
Telephone
609 423 8201
ThoughtWorks

Fabrizio Morando

May 27, 2021, 2:47:09 AM5/27/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Thanks Danielle !
waiting for news from you than. Have a nice day!
.f

Message has been deleted

Jesse McCrosky

Jun 8, 2021, 4:08:20 AM6/8/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi all,

I get a different error when attempting to run with mocked data.  Any suggestions?  Happy to send more environment information if you need anything.

We at the Mozilla Foundation hope to publish carbon accounting for a research project we are soon publishing.  Ultimately I will be hopefully linking to out GCP data, but want to test mocked data for now.

mccrosky@Jesses-MBP carbon % yarn start-with-mock-data
yarn run v1.22.10
$ yarn workspace @cloud-carbon-footprint/client-template start-with-mock-data
$ concurrently "yarn start" "yarn start-stub-server"
$ json-server stub-server/co2estimations.json --port 4000 --routes stub-server/routes.json
$ react-scripts start
[1]
[1]   \{^_^}/ hi!
[1]
[1]   Done
[1]
[1]   Resources
[1]   http://localhost:4000/emissions
[1]   http://localhost:4000/footprint
[1]
[1]   Other routes
[1]   /api/regions/emissions-factors -> /emissions
[1]   /api/* -> /$1
[1]   /api -> /footprint
[1]
[1]   http://localhost:4000
[1]
[1]   Type s + enter at any time to create a snapshot of the database
[0] ℹ 「wds」: Project is running at http://192.168.8.102/
[0] ℹ 「wds」: webpack output is served from
[0] ℹ 「wds」: Content not from webpack is served from /Users/mccrosky/carbon/carbon/packages/client/public
[0] ℹ 「wds」: 404s will fallback to /
[0] Starting the development server...
[0]
[0] Failed to compile.
[0]
[0] src/dashboard/filters/DateFilter.tsx
[0]   Line 135:42:  Replace `⏎····useState<'startDate'·|·'endDate'·|·null` with `·useState<⏎····'startDate'·|·'endDate'·|·null⏎··`  prettier/prettier
[0]
[0] Search for the keywords to learn more about each error.
[1] GET /emissions 200 17.304 ms - -
[1] GET /footprint?start=2020-06-08&end=2021-06-08 200 22.338 ms - -
[1] GET /emissions 304 5.560 ms - -

Thanks!

Best,

Jesse

Arik Smith

Jun 8, 2021, 3:06:10 PM6/8/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hi Jesse,

Thanks for sharing your issue! Could you please refer to the changelog of the Create-App package? We try our best to keep this updated so that consumers of the application know what to update as we continually update the package on our end. It looks like you might have a prettier formatting error from an outdated template. I believe that might cause compilation issues, so you would need to update the src/dashboard/filters/DateFilter.tsx that it's referencing, and possibly other files that may have similar errors. Let us know if that helps!

Thanks!
Arik

cameron.casher

Jun 8, 2021, 8:40:09 PM6/8/21
to Cloud Carbon Footprint
Hello,

We have pushed up a change to fix these issues. They will be visible on our next release. In the meantime, you can get the app running with the following changes:

- Run yarn run lint:fix in the client package
- Update the client/tsconfig.json file on line 23 to be the following: "include": ["src","./node_modules/**/*"]

Thank you for calling out these issues!

Cam