Tiny web app illustrating WebSocket duplex communication.

Deyan Yotsov

Jun 5, 2021, 7:53:24 AM6/5/21
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I've been trying to understand WebSockets, and created a tiny web app in
Clojure+ClojureScript that uses them. It was more of a journey of
discovery, and I tried to keep the code as minimal as possible and as
annotated as possible.

People usually write a browser chat, but I felt that something that
feels a bit more like a browser multiplayer game would be a better
use-case, since chat actually works quite well with reverse AJAX and
does not require "immediate" updates.

Anyway, this will not be useful to WebSockets veterans, but *might* be
useful to some people who are, like me, trying to learn the basics, so I
thought I'd share it:

https://github.com/yotsov/squares

Have a nice weekend!

Deyan