how to package a project to a jar file?

c y

Sep 14, 2021, 11:35:24 AM9/14/21
to Clojure
i can't use lein

Alex Miller

Sep 14, 2021, 11:37:23 AM9/14/21
to Clojure
You might want to check out the tools.build project.

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 10:35:24 AM UTC-5 yccal...@gmail.com wrote:
i can't use lein

Alan Thompson

Sep 15, 2021, 2:51:55 PM9/15/21
to clojure
You could also check out depstar

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 8:35 AM c y <yccal...@gmail.com> wrote:
i can't use lein

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clojure/485ed672-20d6-4325-bcef-5162395481f0n%40googlegroups.com.

Sean Corfield

Sep 15, 2021, 4:58:32 PM9/15/21
to Clojure Mailing List
On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 11:51 AM Alan Thompson <cloo...@gmail.com> wrote:
You could also check out depstar

No, please use tools.build -- I already use it in most of my OSS projects to build library JARs for deployment to Clojars (instead of depstar).

I've been working with Alex to close the gap between uber in tools.build and uberjar in depstar and have already switched over to tools.build at work for our production artifacts (again, switching away from depstar).

Once tools.build's uber has parity with depstar's uberjar, I intend to sunset the depstar project to avoid continued fragmentation of tooling and I strongly encourage everyone to look to tools.build for JAR building at this point.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
An Architect's View -- https://corfield.org/

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."