Virtual Platform for attending CVPR and CLIC Workshop / Detailed Schedule

Pei You

Jun 17, 2021, 4:05:07 AM6/17/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear Organizer,

One of our authors has already registered for CVPR 2021.
Until now, we did not receive any instructions about the virtual platform of CVPR 2021, and we don't how to join the virtual platform.

Due to the security policies of our company, we may not access some platforms such as Zoom in our office. So I would like to ask if you could share the information about the virtual platform and the detailed schedule of our workshop? So that we can prepare in advance.

Thanks very much!

Benoit Brummer

Jun 17, 2021, 8:02:28 PM6/17/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
I have not received any author-specific information either since posting the video/poster.

George Toderici

Jun 17, 2021, 8:45:17 PM6/17/21
to Benoit Brummer, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi all,

From what I can gather, you need to be registered to CVPR first before being able to to join the virtual platform. They haven't sent the details yet on how to login or what website to go to in order to login. If I understand correctly what they distributed to organizers, you will need the registration code provided in the email confirming that you're attending CVPR as the password for the event site.

Lastly, I would advise anyone who has issues logging on Zoom from their company's devices, to try their personal devices. I will definitely be doing this myself due to the same reason as Pei You mentioned.

The workshop schedule is as follows --- All time are US Eastern (EDT):

15:00 - CLIC 2021 Opening Remarks - George Toderici
15:30 - Invited Speaker - Joao Ascensco (University of Lisbon)
16:00 - Invited Speaker - Kede Ma (City University of Hong Kong)
16:30 - Invited Speaker - Rianne van den Berg (Google)
17:00 - Sponsored Speaker - Federico Perazzi (Facebbok)
17:20 - Panel Discussion
17:50 - Awards Ceremony
17:55 - Image Track Winner - Jing Wang (Huawei)
18:05 - Video Track Winner Talk - Pierrick Philippe (Orange)
18:15 - Perceptual Metrics Track Winner Talk - Yanding Peng  (UTSC, China)
18:25 - Poster Session
19:00 - End of the workshop

If there are any errors with the affiliations, please email me so we can correct them.

We will update the compression.cc website with this schedule hopefully soon-ish.

George Toderici

Jun 17, 2021, 8:57:41 PM6/17/21
to Benoit Brummer, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
I've updated http://compression.cc/ with the schedule. As I get more information on which website can be used to login to attend the workshop, I will also update that site and let you know when the Zoom link is available.

If you have trouble finding the zoom link to join, please email me to get it (once we have it). I will not post it in a public forum due to the risk of zoom-bombing.

George

Pei You

Jun 17, 2021, 11:05:43 PM6/17/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear George,

Thank you very much. We will prepare for it.