Presentation and Posters for CLIC 2021

Nick Johnston

May 21, 2021, 4:15:58 PM5/21/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hello All,

We are working on the final schedule for the workshop as we speak. By early next week, all challenge papers and papers accepted into the proceedings will get an invite to CVPR's Cadmium event to begin uploading materials.

We don't have the specifics to what is required, but expect being able to upload a PDF poster and a short talk ~2 to 5 mins on your paper / poster.

Additionally, we will be contacting the winners of each of the tracks next week to prepare a 10 min talk before the poster sessions, as a part of our workshop presentations.

Cheers,
Nick Johnston
CLIC Organizer

Zhang Jinchi

May 23, 2021, 9:52:07 PM5/23/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear Nick

         The Status of  Camera Ready Submission files of the  Video Compression track  is always  Awaiting Decision .  Is something wrong with it?And will the learderboard of test phase also be released in this week?

Best Regards
Jinchi

Shangyin Gao

May 24, 2021, 3:14:21 AM5/24/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Nick,

Could you please also post a message in the forum after the winners are contacted. In this way, every participant knows whether they are the winner, and can decide how long the presentation task should be prepared.

Best,
Shangyin

Nick Johnston

May 24, 2021, 12:17:31 PM5/24/21
to Zhang Jinchi, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Please send me your team name and CMT paper number  and I'll look into this.

=====================
Nick Johnston
Software Engineer
Machine Intelligence, Compression

Nick Johnston

May 24, 2021, 12:18:11 PM5/24/21
to Shangyin Gao, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Yes, we will be doing that in the next day or so.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Zhang Jinchi

May 24, 2021, 9:39:22 PM5/24/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
 OK. Our team name  is ZX_CRD and the paper number is 9 for the Video Compression track.

Nick Johnston

May 25, 2021, 12:07:01 PM5/25/21
to Zhang Jinchi, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Both of your papers were accepted as challenge papers but not in the proceedings, so no status change was entered into the system.

Zhang Jinchi

May 26, 2021, 3:53:19 AM5/26/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
OK,thank you!When will the learderboard be released during this week?

Nick Johnston

May 26, 2021, 11:33:25 AM5/26/21
to Zhang Jinchi, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
I believe the current plan is to release the leaderboard results during the workshop like we did last year.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Nick Johnston

May 27, 2021, 6:32:03 PM5/27/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Everyone should be getting an e-mail in the next 24 hours inviting them to the Cadmium platform that CVPR is using as an option for workshops to upload poster materials.

I have contacted 3 teams for invited talks of 10 mins.

Cheers,
Nick Johnston
CLIC Organizer

Shangyin Gao

May 29, 2021, 3:55:57 AM5/29/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Nick,

Until now, we still get no email to the Cadmium platform. Without this email, we don't know where to upload our poster and video. Could you please send us the email again?

Our paper ID is 19.

Best,
Shangyin

Benoit Brummer

May 29, 2021, 9:39:55 AM5/29/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
It seems Gmail treats it as spam, I found the email there today.

sumayiw...@gmail.com

May 30, 2021, 10:45:06 AM5/30/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Nick,
We have not received the email from  Cadmium ,  but we have registered for CVPR. What could be the case?
Our paperid is 36.

Pei You

May 30, 2021, 11:13:56 PM5/30/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear Nick,

When I use Cadmium platform to upload poster materials, two presentations in which one of them does not belongs to me show up.
How could I deal with it?

在2021年5月28日星期五 UTC+8 上午6:32:03<Nick Johnston> 写道:

Shoma Iwai

May 30, 2021, 11:40:20 PM5/30/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Nick,
I'm facing the same problem. My paper id is 8, but two papers (#5 and #8) are displayed.

2021年5月31日月曜日 12:13:56 UTC+9 yplo...@gmail.com:

Bin Li

May 30, 2021, 11:55:02 PM5/30/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Nick,

We did not receive any information about the posters. Our paper ID is 2. Would you please help to check? Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Bin Li

Shoma Iwai <sho.i...@gmail.com> 于2021年5月31日周一 上午11:40写道:

Pei You

May 31, 2021, 1:57:52 AM5/31/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear Nick,

Poster audio can not be uploaded on the website. It pointed out "Your presentation is not yet configured by the event organizers to have audio added to it".

By the way, as you mentioned, a one-page PDF poster and a short talk (poster audio) are expected for our workshop. Presentation slides or MP4 is not needed, right?

在2021年5月22日星期六 UTC+8 上午4:15:58<Nick Johnston> 写道:

Benoit Brummer

May 31, 2021, 3:53:56 AM5/31/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Same issue as others; two papers are shown, I appear as first author in the one that's not mine and second author in mine (4).

Zhang Jinchi

May 31, 2021, 4:48:22 AM5/31/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Our paper status is “Only Challenge accepts”. Do we have to upload posters and a short talk after registration? If we don’t upload posters, will there be any impact on the paper?

在2021年5月22日星期六 UTC+8 上午4:15:58<Nick Johnston> 写道:

Nick Johnston

May 31, 2021, 12:32:48 PM5/31/21
to Zhang Jinchi, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
It looks like there some issues with the conferencing platform.

1) The e-mail that is listed as main author for the CMT submission is who got the invite. It is consistently ending up in spam filters, so please check there.
2) If you still don't have an e-mail, please let me know on the new thread called Cadmium Triage.
3) If you have access to more than one paper ID that you were not listed on, please let me know the paper ID that was not assigned to you and I will send these in bulk to my contact.

-- Nick Johnston

Nick Johnston

May 31, 2021, 12:44:14 PM5/31/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
The more you can provide, the more helpful it will be to people who attend your poster outside of the actual workshop hours/when you're not there. I don't know if CVPR has any plans to archive these or not.

Fabian Brand

Jun 1, 2021, 2:35:28 AM6/1/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)

Hi Nick,

I also have two papers in my list. "A Universal Encoder Rate Distortion Optimization Framework for Learned Compression", which is not mine. Also, there is Benoit Brummer, who is not an author listed for my paper (#3)

Fabian

Bin Li

Jun 1, 2021, 2:37:05 AM6/1/21
to Fabian Brand, Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Fabian,

That is our paper but we did not receive any information about the poster uploading.
Best Regards,
Bin Li

Fabian Brand <fabian...@kabelmail.de> 于2021年6月1日周二 下午2:35写道:

Fabian Brand

Jun 2, 2021, 7:46:02 AM6/2/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Bin,
for me it is fixed now. Hope it works for you, too!
Best regards,
Fabian

Fabian Brand

Jun 2, 2021, 7:52:14 AM6/2/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Nick,

just to clarify. Are we supposed to upload an audio file for our poster or a video file, or both? There is also an " UPLOAD YOUR MP4 2 GIG LIMIT" task in Cadmium. What kind of video shall we upload there?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fabian

gtoderici

Jun 2, 2021, 4:00:59 PM6/2/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi Fabian,

We expect that all POSTER presenters will upload a MP4 file (video), and a poster.

The video should be a description of the work. Attendees of the workshop will watch the video so that they can ask more informed questions about the paper.

George

George Toderici

Jun 2, 2021, 4:17:46 PM6/2/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hi all --

One more time, if you have issues with Cadmium, please use the thread dedicated to these problems:

I have forwarded it to the proper person who can help fix everything.

George

Benoit Brummer

Jun 3, 2021, 9:04:00 AM6/3/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
The poster is then a single large page, similar to traditional posters, right?

I was previously under the impression that the poster was the set of slides used for the video.

Best,

Benoit

Benoit Brummer

Jun 3, 2021, 9:45:38 AM6/3/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
I found the answer on http://cvpr2021.thecvf.com/node/209 ; it's a real poster and there is a template provided.