saving/loading CNN weights and losses to run different attack algorithms

ephi...@yahoo.com

Nov 7, 2018, 3:23:51 PM11/7/18
to cleverhans dev
Using mnist_tutorial_tf.py and/or cifar10_tutorial_tf.py, I would like to train the Cleverhans embedded CNN model on the legitimate dataset images and save and then load the model weights and losses. It appears to me and my colleagues that the training does not have to be executed each time we want to test a new adversarial attach algorithm. I tried setting save=True in untils_tf.py however this was ineffective. In the end, I would like to be able to run several different attack trials using the same trained CNN weights and losses. FYI, from the FGM equations it appears that the saved model parameters are needed to compute/generate the adversarial effect on the images. Please advise. Are there FLAGS to bypass training and only load previously computed parameters? Thank you. Arnold

Nicolas Papernot

Nov 8, 2018, 1:35:36 PM11/8/18
to ephi...@yahoo.com, cleverh...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:23 PM 'ephi...@yahoo.com' via cleverhans dev <cleverh...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Using mnist_tutorial_tf.py and/or cifar10_tutorial_tf.py, I would like to train the Cleverhans embedded CNN model on the legitimate dataset images and save and then load the model weights and losses. It appears to me and my colleagues that the training does not have to be executed each time we want to test a new adversarial attach algorithm. I tried setting save=True in untils_tf.py however this was ineffective. In the end, I would like to be able to run several different attack trials using the same trained CNN weights and losses. FYI, from the FGM equations it appears that the saved model parameters are needed to compute/generate the adversarial effect on the images. Please advise. Are there FLAGS to bypass training and only load previously computed parameters? Thank you. Arnold

ephi...@yahoo.com

Nov 8, 2018, 2:32:18 PM11/8/18
to cleverhans dev
Terrific. Thank you. I will look into it. It appears to be spot on. Am I correct in guessing that afterward I can use the code evaluate_pickled_model.py to load my saved/trained model and evaluate an attack algorithm of my choosing? That would be great.
Arnold

On Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 1:35:36 PM UTC-5, Nicolas Papernot wrote:
On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:23 PM 'ephi...@yahoo.com' via cleverhans dev <cleverhans-dev@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Using mnist_tutorial_tf.py and/or cifar10_tutorial_tf.py, I would like to train the Cleverhans embedded CNN model on the legitimate dataset images and save and then load the model weights and losses. It appears to me and my colleagues that the training does not have to be executed each time we want to test a new adversarial attach algorithm. I tried setting save=True in untils_tf.py however this was ineffective. In the end, I would like to be able to run several different attack trials using the same trained CNN weights and losses. FYI, from the FGM equations it appears that the saved model parameters are needed to compute/generate the adversarial effect on the images. Please advise. Are there FLAGS to bypass training and only load previously computed parameters? Thank you. Arnold

Nicolas Papernot

Nov 8, 2018, 2:41:53 PM11/8/18
to ephi...@yahoo.com, cleverh...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that should be possible.

Glad we could help.

-N

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 11:32 AM 'ephi...@yahoo.com' via cleverhans dev <cleverh...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

Ian Goodfellow

Nov 8, 2018, 4:03:25 PM11/8/18
to Nicolas Papernot, ephi...@yahoo.com, cleverh...@googlegroups.com
It should point you to the evaluation script.
Let us know if you have any questions / feedback on the tutorial.

ephi...@yahoo.com

Nov 8, 2018, 4:16:11 PM11/8/18
to cleverhans dev
Will do. Thank you for your expert help.
Arnold

On Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 4:03:25 PM UTC-5, Ian Goodfellow wrote:
It should point you to the evaluation script.
Let us know if you have any questions / feedback on the tutorial.

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 11:41 AM Nicolas Papernot <nic...@papernot.fr> wrote:
Yes, that should be possible.

Glad we could help.

-N