gap of silence between songs of a playlist

Irène Durand

May 21, 2021, 12:21:24 PM5/21/21
to Clementine Music Player
 Hi, I am new to Clementine and to this channel. I am trying to use Clementine to make a playlist for a Milonga (A tango ball).
I dit not succeed in adding a little gap of silence between the songs although I tried a lot of things from the "Outils" ("Tools") -> "Préferences" menu.

Can somebody help me? I have version 1.4 rc1 of Clementine and I am on Linux Ubuntu 20.4

Regard,
Irène

Peter Tipping

May 21, 2021, 3:22:53 PM5/21/21
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Irène,

How big a gap are you looking for?

One solution might be to create a song of silence outside of Clementine, the length of the gap you want, which you can then add to the playlist.
You can probably even find one already made on the internet if creating one seems too hard.

Peter

Garthhh

May 22, 2021, 7:10:03 PM5/22/21
to Clementine Music Player
Tools>playback>cross fade
This will work if you are playing back with clementine

Stephen Menasian

May 23, 2021, 8:56:19 AM5/23/21
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
By using audacity, you can easily create mp3 (or other) files which
consist of nothing other than silence. The can be almost any length
(seconds to hours) Just create them and give them names such as
:silence_10sec.mp3, etc. and insert them into your playlists.