Use of Organize Files

Bob Peterson

Jan 8, 2021, 2:00:50 PM1/8/21
to Clementine Music Player
I have several files (600 files) with missing tags.  I have hilighted the group and used "Complete tags automatically" to find the  missing tags.  I then use "Organize files".  I hoped that this would update the files and save the new tags.  Unfortunately either the program  crashes or the updates are not saved  What I am doing wrong?

Garthhh

Jan 9, 2021, 1:27:52 PM1/9/21
to Clementine Music Player
Try a smaller number of files,
Used to be if you did a very large operations, clem would freeze, sometimes the entire computer, worse on machines without lots of ram & cores
The new behavior is crash, I opened 2 playlists of 15k files  accidentally, as I wasn't sure if it worked & clicked again, crash
I moved to outside metadata editing tools after having files with hincky metadata clementine couldn't change enough to fix file names or other stuff
EasyTag on linux,
I never tried the organize function on clem,