trouble saving playlists to sidebar

Mary Strimel

Oct 12, 2020, 6:44:17 AM10/12/20
to Clementine Music Player

hi -
There is something about playlists that I am failing to understand. I understand "smart playlists." However, when I make a manual playlist, I want it to stay visible in the playlist sidebar (the one to the right of the main sidebar), so I can use it again.

When I quit a playlist, I get a warning that it's "not in favorites," so that implies that I could keep it visible by making it a favorite. But I don't see any menu option or button to make it a favorite (the heart button is greyed out/inoperative). Or maybe that's not even the correct way.

There are a couple of my old playlists in my sidebar (it looks kind of like a folder list and you can click the arrow to see the songs), so I know I've done it in the past. I just can't seem to do it now?
Thanks for any help. Clementine is wonderful.
Mary

Garthhh

Oct 13, 2020, 2:07:48 PM10/13/20
to Clementine Music Player
If you load a saved playlist it will be a tab
To get it on the sidebar, give all the songs a grouping or comment tag of the playlist name
Create a smart playlist that is filtered by that tag

Fernando

Oct 13, 2020, 2:42:17 PM10/13/20
to clementi...@googlegroups.com

The star in the playlist tab, right next to its name, is the "favorite" button, click on it and the playlist will be added to your sidebar. It's not 100% intuitive but it works.

Mary Strimel

Oct 17, 2020, 10:27:40 AM10/17/20
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Right you are, thank you. The star was too faint for me to see.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Clementine Music Player" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clementine-player/366c578a-75f8-ddea-a1a9-27d1676a13e5%40gmail.com.