Is the visualizing tool down?

Diego Leal

Jul 26, 2019, 4:28:23 PM7/26/19
to Circos
Hello,

I have been using the Circos table viewer (http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/tableviewer/visualize/) for some years now with lots of success. Today I was going to do a minor change (just change one label) to a Circos plot I successfully created with the table viewer some weeks ago but the application does not seem to produce any result. Specifically, after I upload the corresponding .txt file (see attached) literally nothing happens (i.e., no Circos plot is produced) and I do not get any error message. I'm wondering if the application temporarily down or something like that. Any help is much appreciated!

1990-2000_matrix.txt

Sai Xu

Aug 18, 2019, 10:56:15 PM8/18/19
to Circos
Exactly. I came across the same problem.

在 2019年7月27日星期六 UTC+8上午4:28:23,Diego Leal写道:

Martin Krzywinski

Aug 18, 2019, 10:57:47 PM8/18/19
to circos-data-...@googlegroups.com
Things are fine now from my end.

I think there may have been some transient connectivity issues within our network.

Apologies for the outage,

Martin Krzywinski
science + art

Sai Xu

Aug 18, 2019, 11:49:22 PM8/18/19
to Circos
Dear Martin,

I tried again, but still failed. No figure was generated when I upload data and then click the "Visualize table" button as usual. I attach the screenshot. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Sai

在 2019年8月19日星期一 UTC+8上午10:57:47,Martin写道:

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 7:56 PM Sai Xu <rainb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Exactly. I came across the same problem.

在 2019年7月27日星期六 UTC+8上午4:28:23,Diego Leal写道:
Hello,

I have been using the Circos table viewer (http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/tableviewer/visualize/) for some years now with lots of success. Today I was going to do a minor change (just change one label) to a Circos plot I successfully created with the table viewer some weeks ago but the application does not seem to produce any result. Specifically, after I upload the corresponding .txt file (see attached) literally nothing happens (i.e., no Circos plot is produced) and I do not get any error message. I'm wondering if the application temporarily down or something like that. Any help is much appreciated!

2.JPG

Lee Joanna

Daniel O'Brien

Aug 19, 2019, 5:27:23 PM8/19/19
to Circos
I too have used the online circos tool many times over the past few months and today I am experiencing the same problems as stated by Lee, Sai, and Diego. Are the developers aware that there is a problem? If so when can we expect a fix?

Martin

Aug 19, 2019, 5:48:46 PM8/19/19
to Circos

Sorry guys. I looked into it more and found the problem -- the server ran out of log space.

Fixed now.

Denis Tr

Aug 23, 2019, 2:55:57 PM8/23/19
to Circos
Dear Martin,

I seem to not be able to access circos.ca site at all. It gives the following message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /tableviewer/visualize/ on this server.

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at mkweb.bcgsc.ca Port 80

Is this a known issue?

Rondon Neto

Nov 28, 2020, 4:06:33 PM11/28/20
to Circos
Hey Martin! Thank you for this tool!
    I came across the same problem. I got this error:

System error

error:
mkdir /home/martink/www/htdocs/tableviewer/tmp/kbmvefv: Disk quota exceeded at /home/martink/www/mason/comp/tableviewer/write-uploaded-file line 17.

context:

96:
local @CARP_NOT = $cgc ? $cgc->() : caller();
97:
shortmess_heavy(@_);
98:
}
99:

100:
sub croak { die shortmess @_ }
101:
sub confess { die longmess @_ }
102:
sub carp { warn shortmess @_ }
103:
sub cluck { warn longmess @_ }
104:

code stack:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Carp.pm:100
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/File/Path.pm:239
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/File/Path.pm:194
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/File/Path.pm:173
/home/martink/www/mason/comp/tableviewer/write-uploaded-file:17
/home/martink/www/htdocs/tableviewer/index.mhtml:78
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/HTML/Mason/Request.pm:948
/etc/httpd/mason/mkweb/obj/1120391307/public/tableviewer/index.mhtml.obj:32
/home/martink/www/htdocs/tableviewer/autohandler:11
/home/martink/www/mason/comp/tableviewer/autohandler.site:71
raw error

    I'm wondering if the application temporarily down or something like that. Any help is much appreciated!

My best regards,

Rondon Neto

Martin

Nov 28, 2020, 4:06:52 PM11/28/20
to Circos
Fixed. Sorry about this.

rond...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2020, 11:51:37 AM11/29/20
to circos-data-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much!! Don't need to be sorry!

my best regards,

Rondon

Vincent Appiah

May 23, 2021, 6:19:26 PM5/23/21
to Circos

Hello Martin,

I tried using the online tool and  it seems to be down. I keep getting connection timeout whenever I submit my file. Please advice. Thanks