Synteny Studies

AMAN KUMAR

Apr 2, 2021, 2:38:20 PM4/2/21
to Circos
Hello
I am finding it hard to understand the input file formats for syntenic studies.
Is there any template file available for syntenic studies across genomes?

Martin Krzywinski

Apr 2, 2021, 2:43:06 PM4/2/21
to circos-data-...@googlegroups.com
The format for ribbon between two regions of the genome is a pair of coordinates, followed by an optional list of parameters used in formatting and used by <rules> to control how the ribbon is displayed.

CHR1 START1 END1 CHR2 START2 END2 {PARAMS}
It's up to you to filter and reformat alignments from other software into this format. There are a few utility scripts that I provide to help you do this. See "links" section in

Martin Krzywinski
science + art