Button Maker Vote

casketcase

Jan 14, 2022, 8:45:44 PM1/14/22
to Hive13 Makerspace
hello friends!!

so i was pondering the other day (today) why, for all my time at the Hive, we didn't have a Hive button maker. so!! i propose that we buy one, specifically the multimaker 2.25" from buttonmakers.net.

why the multimaker?? why this brand??

i'm glad you asked!!
i want to get the multimaker because we can swap out the inserts for various button sizes. i want to use buttonmakers because they're well reviewed (but with a total of like ~21 5 star reviews) and are very responsive.

what does this include??
the multimaker 4000 kit comes with
  • multimaker button press
  • die set (2.25")
  • multicutter (to cut buttons)
  • and 100 complete button supplies
should we get more button supplies??

the shipping to my place is $19.30 so the base cost for us would be $418.30. in the future, we can buy more attachments to press other sizes and more materials are readily accessible. once it is in stock, i will place the order with your support!! hopefully!!

hey, thanks.

Brant Martin

Jan 14, 2022, 9:17:11 PM1/14/22
to Hive13 Makerspace
YES!

I think a button press just makes sense for any makerspace, and I need some hive logo buttons for reasonsb

Kevin McLeod

Jan 14, 2022, 9:18:28 PM1/14/22
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Yes please!

Jessica Wolf

Jan 15, 2022, 2:52:42 PM1/15/22
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com

Brad Walsh

Jan 15, 2022, 4:45:56 PM1/15/22
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I vote YES. (Is there an email vote somewhere that I missed?)

Brad

Kevin McLeod

Jan 15, 2022, 5:42:45 PM1/15/22
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
casketcase's original message went to spam folder for me

Marilyn Clark

Jan 15, 2022, 6:25:03 PM1/15/22
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com

Kate Cook