3rd Edition of the Chisel Book is out

Martin Schoeberl

Jan 25, 2022, 10:45:14 AM1/25/22
to chisel...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

the 3rd edition of the Chisel book is out. As usual as free PDF or you let Amazon print it for you:

It is just-in-time for my Digital Electronics course at DTU [1], which starts next week. If you use Chisel in teaching I would like to point out that there are slides available as part of the book (see [1] for the PDFs and [2] for the source).

This edition is also just-in-time for the latest Chisel version 3.5. All examples have been updated to 3.5 and the testing chapter switched to ChiselTest. And there are some additional section all over. Most are mentioned in the Foreword for the Third Edition.

I am happy about any feedback. Simply create a new issue at [2]. If you fix some stuff (e.g., even typos) a PR is very welcome.

Cheers,
Martin

Martoni

Jan 26, 2022, 7:12:04 AM1/26/22
to chisel-users
Thanks Martin \o/

This is a great news. Il will order this new version (paper).
But on your book page you left 2019 as edition. And amazon keep selling first (2019) edition. Is there a links I left ?

Fabien M

Martin Schoeberl

Jan 26, 2022, 3:11:19 PM1/26/22
to chisel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martoni,

Amazon did not update the cover and not yet the looking inside. However, it is the third edition. If you know, you can see it on the number of pages (2nd edition and 3rd edition are as PDF on the website, you can compare). I would like to add the edition #, but was not able to do. So it is save to get that one. I ordered myself several copies.

Cheers,
Martin