Post a json data generate 500 error code

Phang Mulianto

Aug 31, 2018, 7:06:31 AM8/31/18
to ChicagoBoss
Hi all,

 i experiance error when CB processing a post data with json, which contains a % string inside a post variable.

eg: { "name":"aba" , "secret":"83niwbvrayi%$%%%" }

Here are the error code :

anyone experience this? is this a limitation or a bug?

Thanks,

Mulianto
Message has been deleted

Dmitry Polyanovsky

Aug 31, 2018, 9:33:49 AM8/31/18
to chica...@googlegroups.com
CB uses SimpleBridge for http layer, you can try to compare cowboy vs yaws bridge and see if they encode data differently, as % char giving me idea to move in that direction

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018, 16:27 Phang Mulianto <brav...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi ,

Some update.

I try to switch backend from cowboy to yaws, no issue encountered.

But is this bug with cowboy? i already ask in cowboy irc, they said not related to cowboy.

Phang Mulianto

Aug 31, 2018, 11:44:54 AM8/31/18
to ChicagoBoss
Hi Dmitry,

I try switch from cowboy using mochiweb on backend, it works.

but other like inets, yaws, webmachine error when start the app. seems i dont have the deps installed for webmachien and yaws, inets.

So this looks like problem with cowboy? not sure about this, related to % as data.

Dmitry Polyanovsky

Aug 31, 2018, 12:20:48 PM8/31/18
to chica...@googlegroups.com
You should uncomment other servers in rebar.config to install and use them

Phang Mulianto

Sep 3, 2018, 5:06:01 AM9/3/18
to ChicagoBoss
Yes, now it working using mochiweb.

But when using Cowboy, all my forms when user input % it will have 500 error from chicagoboss.