Rebar not reporting errors

Graeme Defty

Oct 10, 2017, 7:22:13 AM10/10/17
to chica...@googlegroups.com
When I run `./rebar compile` in my development environment I do not see compilation errors. They only show when I start the application.

Am I doing something stupid?

Dmitry Polyanovsky

Oct 11, 2017, 4:29:11 AM10/11/17
to ChicagoBoss
Hi,
does your code get compiled in dev enviroment?

Graeme Defty

Oct 12, 2017, 6:01:04 AM10/12/17
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the modules that compile clean create a beam file. Modules with errors are silently ignored.

Dmitry Polyanovsky

Oct 13, 2017, 9:20:03 AM10/13/17
to ChicagoBoss
I cannot confirm same begaviour, a mek an error and see it reported during compile stage.
Erlang 20, latest master

Graeme Defty

Oct 13, 2017, 9:51:45 AM10/13/17
to chica...@googlegroups.com
As I suspected - something stupid I am doing.

Well thanks for trying it for me Dmitry. I will keep looking :-)