Seeking small coop

Annika Bartz

Aug 13, 2022, 9:44:44 AM8/13/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
I’m looking for a very small coop to house 2 silkies. Does anyone have something they’re looking to offload?

Jean Bryan

Aug 13, 2022, 1:43:17 PM8/13/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Annika:  I have an old egglu that might serve.  It’s plenty big for 2 birds.  You’d need to build a run for it.  Yours to take away.  I’m in Rogers Park.
Jean

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 8:44 AM Annika Bartz <bartz....@gmail.com> wrote:
I’m looking for a very small coop to house 2 silkies. Does anyone have something they’re looking to offload?

David Horak

Aug 13, 2022, 6:22:23 PM8/13/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
image0.jpeg

I have this if interested. Has everything and fortified from predators.

On Aug 13, 2022, at 12:44 PM, Jean Bryan <jeanbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Annika:  I have an old egglu that might serve.  It’s plenty big for 2 birds.  You’d need to build a run for it.  Yours to take away.  I’m in Rogers Park.
Jean
image_123927839.JPG

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 8:44 AM Annika Bartz <bartz....@gmail.com> wrote:
I’m looking for a very small coop to house 2 silkies. Does anyone have something they’re looking to offload?

Simone Yael

Aug 14, 2022, 9:09:46 AM8/14/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
It’s beautiful!
If not claimed, I would love to inherit this!
Thanks!

-Simone Yael

On Aug 13, 2022, at 5:22 PM, David Horak <hor...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

image0.jpeg

Steven Rankin

Aug 14, 2022, 10:43:21 AM8/14/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Ditto! This is a great coop. Looking for one myself

--
Best,
Steven

858.349.5006

I terrible at texting on mobile, and there will be typos and weird grammar. Let me know if you can’t decipher my coded language.

Remember that I am middle aged male doing the beat that I can. Plus I hate proof reading.

David Horak

Aug 14, 2022, 10:46:17 AM8/14/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
It’s still available but not a give away. I’m asking 50$. It’s like new and been stored in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone

Google

Aug 14, 2022, 10:49:35 AM8/14/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
David,

Where do you live? I’m in Lombard.  I would LOVE to grab that coop from you. Let me know.

I’ll come get it today.

Chris Miller.

On Aug 14, 2022, at 9:46 AM, David Horak <hor...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

It’s still available but not a give away. I’m asking 50$. It’s like new and been stored in the garage.

Steven Rankin

Aug 14, 2022, 10:53:53 AM8/14/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
$50 is fine. where are you located?

Annika Bartz

Aug 15, 2022, 10:27:01 AM8/15/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone! This community is always so helpful. I went with Jean’s Eglu.

On Aug 14, 2022, at 9:46 AM, David Horak <hor...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

It’s still available but not a give away. I’m asking 50$. It’s like new and been stored in the garage.

Helen Cejtin

Aug 15, 2022, 10:40:55 AM8/15/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
so that wooden coop is available?  how much is it?

--
Helen Cejtin

cash...@aol.com

Aug 20, 2022, 11:37:08 PM8/20/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Simone,

I am interested in exposing the residents of the Admiral at the Lake to a day of touring chicken coops on the north side.  This group are real environmentalist and would love the tour. Do you know to whom I contact for literature?  I have done the self tour so can get around the city well.

Caroline Ash

Simone Yael

Aug 23, 2022, 9:57:19 AM8/23/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Caroline,

Are you meaning printing literature you have written? Or are you looking for someone to write it?
Thanks!
-Simone Yael

cash...@aol.com

Aug 23, 2022, 9:00:06 PM8/23/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Simone,

I live at The Admiral at the Lake on Foster and Marine Drive.  The Admiral is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC). The independent residents are friendly, active, interested in life and continuing to learn. I've been attending the Chicken Coop tour for over 10 years and thought this would be a good event for our curious, environmentally aware community. I would like to post the upcoming event and have fliers available for our residents.  How can I accomplish this goal?

Caroline Ash

Tim Norris

Aug 23, 2022, 9:11:06 PM8/23/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Hello Caroline,

I have not seen any indication the Windy City Coop Tour is happening this fall. If you have any information… please share!

I have visitors from my neighborhood come to see my chickens nearly every day. I often invite them into the yard for a closer interaction with the flock. If you are looking for an outing, perhaps we could work something out.

                   Tim Norris
  ... from the phone in my pocket

<image0.jpeg>

I have this if interested. Has everything and fortified from predators.

On Aug 13, 2022, at 12:44 PM, Jean Bryan <jeanbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Annika:  I have an old egglu that might serve.  It’s plenty big for 2 birds.  You’d need to build a run for it.  Yours to take away.  I’m in Rogers Park.
Jean
<image_123927839.JPG>

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 8:44 AM Annika Bartz <bartz....@gmail.com> wrote:
I’m looking for a very small coop to house 2 silkies. Does anyone have something they’re looking to offload?

<image0.jpeg>
<image_123927839.JPG>

cash...@aol.com

Aug 23, 2022, 9:19:07 PM8/23/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Tim, I could be one of your visitors who has seen your operation.  The coop tour is one of my favorite events in the city. Let's talk.  Caroline Ash

 I can be reached at 773-802-8872.

No backyard coop this year?  So sorry

Caroline

Tim Norris

Aug 23, 2022, 9:30:00 PM8/23/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com

I’m in Old Irving Park on Kenneth just north of Milwaukee. Large lot full of plants… including too many Althea (Rose if Sharon). I have 26 chickens now, 6 are under 7 weeks old and one, Goldilocks, lives indoors until she is ready to rejoin the flock. Been having a lot of fun bringing her outside after dark to hunt for cicadas and earwigs!

                   Tim Norris
  ... from the phone in my pocket

cash...@aol.com

Aug 23, 2022, 9:39:04 PM8/23/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Tim,

Sounds wonderful.  I should see if I can have 2 more folks open their backyards and make it an outing.  I tossed all my literature when I moved. There were a few more coops that were very interesting, too. It is special when the owners explain their set ups.  Are you familiar with other interesting places?

Caroline

Tim Norris

Aug 23, 2022, 9:51:58 PM8/23/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
I am not familiar enough with other chicken keepers who might want to do this. Perhaps others reading this thread are interested.

I have never been to Glen Arts Farm (here in the city) but I believe they have goats. I imagine I could reach out to Jen Murtoff (Home To Roost) to come by for an educational hour… she may know of other coops that would be appropriate. Her availability is limited until sometime in September. Jen has joined me here for the coop tour a few times and came by for National Drinking With Chickens Day (May 23). We also did a live interview segment on WBEZ last year… about backyard chickens of course!

If you want to stop by and see the premises sometime, text me at
I will put your number in my phone book.

                   Tim Norris
  ... from the phone in my pocket

Suzanne

Aug 23, 2022, 11:24:03 PM8/23/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Caroline,

My setup is much smaller than Tim’s— only 3 hens, but you and your friends are welcome to come visit any weekend. I’m in West Rogers Park, around Western Ave and Peterson.

Suzanne

cash...@aol.com

Aug 23, 2022, 11:44:43 PM8/23/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
I added your # to my cell.  I would like to keep the gentleman who is in charge of these outings informed and maybe have him, the enthusiastic driver and a few others take the tour.

BTW, all activities at The Admiral are committee driven so our lectures, plays, games, movies etc have the residents involved.  We've got a bee hive on the roof which we will remove and jar the honey this week.

Caroline

cash...@aol.com

Aug 23, 2022, 11:47:54 PM8/23/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  I am sorry the backyard coop event isn't happening.  Has it occurred since Covid?

Caroline

Tim Norris

Aug 24, 2022, 12:00:42 AM8/24/22
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
The coop tour happened last year and I’m 2020. Masks and sanitizer were supplied. They seemed exactly like previous years!

                   Tim Norris
  ... from the phone in my pocket