MLU not including xxx

RSteinkrauss

Jan 24, 2018, 3:20:59 AM1/24/18
to chibolts
Dear CHIBOLTS community,

I am trying to run MLU on files that include utterances containing xxx . I would like MLU to include these utterances in the count, but even when adding +xxxx or +x"xxx" to the MLU command, all utterances containing any xxx are skipped and the MLU returns only a count for those utterances without xxx. This happens both when running MLU on the main tier (-t%mor) or the %mor tier. I am using the latest version of CLAN.
Is there anything I can do to get the desired effect, i.e. that utterances with xxx are included and that xxx is counted as one word?

Thanks very much in advance!
Rasmus Steinkrauss

Brian MacWhinney

Jan 24, 2018, 10:06:40 AM1/24/18
to ChiBolts
Rasmus,
      The rules for MLU require exclusion of utterances with xxx.  If you want to get around this, I would recommend just changing xxx globally to xyz.  If you are using the %mor line, you might also want to add xyz to the lexicon.

--Brian MacWhinney

Leonid Spektor

Jan 24, 2018, 3:28:47 PM1/24/18
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Rasmus,

I see that Usage information for MLU is not very clear. The +xxxx option has effect only on +xCN option. They are bot used together. Options to include xxx or yyy in MLU count are +sxxx and +syyy respectively.

Leonid.