Freq commands yields double results

Jael Bootsma

Nov 15, 2019, 4:41:07 PM11/15/19
to chibolts
Hi,

I ran the following command on a couple of files:

freq  +...@MST11152019.txt  *.cha @ -t*INV +u +d0 +f

For some reason, it doubles all the results. It will give me the occurrence of a certain word in the file, and then below that the same line but with a more elaborate file path. This probably has something to do with the way I set up my folders, but I can't seem to figure it out myself.

Thanks so much in advance.

Cheers,

Jael

Brian MacWhinney

Nov 15, 2019, 4:48:00 PM11/15/19
to ChiBolts, Jael Bootsma
Dear Jael,
     If you just type "freq" you will see all the types of +d options and there is no +d0, so CLAN may be thinking you mean +d which outputs the data in that way.  If you don't like that format, then just don't use the +d switch at all.  Or perhaps try another version of +d that is more what you want.

-- Brian MacWhinney, Teresa Heinz
Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
Computational Linguistics,
and Modern Languages, CMU