video but no audio

Jocelyn Marzan

Feb 2, 2017, 12:12:27 AM2/2/17
to chibolts
when I open a chat file using the 29 Oct 2016 version of CLAN, and I click "Mode -> continous playback" the corresponding video file opens and plays... but there is no sound.

i can open the same file in QuickTime outside of CLAN and play it. I get both audio and video then.

I tried updating quicktime, but it is up to date. I updated CLAN to the 26 Jan 2017 version, but still have the same problem...

any suggestions about what I need to tweak? Thanks,

Leonid Spektor

Feb 2, 2017, 12:40:28 AM2/2/17
to chib...@googlegroups.com

What OS are you using? The latest CLAN for Windows PC no longer uses QuickTime, so if you are using PC try to uninstall QuickTime. The best thing would be for you to transfer your video file to us for testing. There are a lot of reason why audio might not play and they heavily depend on what OS you are using. You can use web site "https://talkbank.wetransfer.com" to transfer video file to us.

Leonid.

Jocelyn Christina Marzan

Feb 2, 2017, 12:48:23 AM2/2/17
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Inline image 1

Joyce M

JOCELYN CHRISTINA B. MARZAN, PhD
Dean
College of Allied Medical Professions
University of the Philippines - Manila
UP Manila Compound, Pedro Gil St, Ermita, Manila 1000 Philippines

tel +63 2 526 5867

Associate Professor, Dept. of Speech Pathology, UPM CAMP
Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from ASHA
Certified Speech Pathologist, Philippines Association of Speech Pathologists

On 02-02-17 00:12, Jocelyn Marzan wrote:
when I open a chat file using the 29 Oct 2016 version of CLAN, and I click "Mode -> continous playback" the corresponding video file opens and plays... but there is no sound.

i can open the same file in QuickTime outside of CLAN and play it. I get both audio and video then.

I tried updating quicktime, but it is up to date. I updated CLAN to the 26 Jan 2017 version, but still have the same problem...

any suggestions about what I need to tweak? Thanks,

Leonid Spektor

Feb 2, 2017, 1:05:54 AM2/2/17
to chib...@googlegroups.com

Joyce,

    Apple has stopped supporting Windows 10, so QuickTime shouldn't be used on Windows 10. CLAN uses Windows Media Player instead. Try playing your video file using PC Windows Media Player. If it can't play it, then CLAN will not play it either and you might need to convert your video file to h.264 encoding MP4 format. You can see the video settings that will work on Windows 10 on our web site "http://www.talkbank.org/info/dv.html" under section "H.264 Video Format".

Leonid.

Jocelyn Christina Marzan