Argentinean-friendly Spanish mor files + cumulation

A Cristia

Sep 17, 2015, 7:33:45 AM9/17/15
to chibolts
Dear all,

I wonder if one of you has already augmented the Spa mor files so that verbs allow a "vos" conjugation. We are trying to MOR our files and most of the missing items relate to that one issue:
decile {[scat ?]}
 esperá {[scat ?]}
  podés {[scat ?]}
 querés {[scat ?]}
 sacásela {[scat ?]}
tené {[scat ?]}
 tenés {[scat ?]}
vení {[scat ?]}
etc.

Others are probably local variants, so we'll add them by hand:
pendorcho {[scat ?]}
 pibas {[scat ?]}
piola {[scat ?]}

Once we add them, shall we send them to someone, so that they can be added to the general one? Or that is not desirable?

Thank you in advance,

Alex Cristia

Brian MacWhinney

Sep 17, 2015, 1:30:56 PM9/17/15
to ChiBolts, A Cristia
Dear Alex,
     I am the person who develops, maintains, and changes the SPA files for MOR and I am happy to make changes as needed.  I understand roughly how the -ás, -és, -ís endings work.  They code for 2S and they attach to an unmodified stem, which would be the infinitival stem in the SPA grammar.  But I don’t understand how the forms without the “s” work.  Adding additional nouns and adjectives is easy enough.  You could just send me a file with the forms and their translations and I will put them into the relevant part-of-speech files.

—Brian MacWhinney