IPSyn Error on UnixCLAN

Trevor Brandon-Harris

Apr 6, 2018, 11:51:55 AM4/6/18
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm having some trouble using the ipsyn command with UnixCLAN (compiled on Ubuntu 16.04).

The command is working fine on the Windows GUI, and I've been able to execute other analysis commands like mlu with the Unix build, but when I try to execute ipsyn in any form (eg ipsyn +leng.cut *.cha) with UnixCLAN on any .cha file (including the example files downloadable from the TalkBank website), I get the following error:

    Using script file: /home/username/Desktop/CLL/unix-clan/lib/ipsyn/eng.cut
*** File "/home/username/Desktop/CLL/unix-clan/lib/ipsyn/eng.cut": line 89.
    Undecleared variable: O

When I comment out rule N6 (which immediately follows line 89) in the eng.cut file, I just get a new error:

ERROR: In rule name "V3" include part:
Unexpected element "+" or "^" or '")" found.
($N+$PRO+($MOD^(1)^$$N)+(DT$)+($$ART^^$N+$R^$MMOD^$N))+($DET^$MOD^$N))

I've tried reinstalling UnixCLAN, using older versions, and compiling it on another machine, but I keep having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Trevor

Leonid Spektor

Apr 6, 2018, 3:49:01 PM4/6/18
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Trevor,

It will take me time to figure out why Unix CLAN on Ubuntu fails while Mac, Mac Unix and Windows CLAN works. I will let you know when I fix this and install new UnixCLAN on the web.

Meanwhile just to be sure, are you using the latest UnixCLAN from URL http://alpha.talkbank.org/clan/unix-clan.zip?

Leonid.

Trevor Brandon-Harris

Apr 6, 2018, 7:07:29 PM4/6/18
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Leonid,

Thanks so much for the timely response. To clarify, the other commands (mlu, eval, etc) I've tried are working fine with UnixCLAN; I'm only getting the error when running ipsyn. I am using the latest version, and also tried installing UnixCLAN on a Mac and got a similar error when running ipsyn on an example file:

*** File "/Users/clmuser/Desktop/unix-clan/lib/ipsyn/eng.cut": line 84.

    Undecleared variable: AT

Thanks again,

Trevor

On Apr 6, 2018, at 11:51, Trevor Brandon-Harris <tbha...@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

[...]

Leonid Spektor

Apr 6, 2018, 11:00:55 PM4/6/18
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Trevor,

I was able to replicate the problem on Ubuntu. It is due to strcpy function having problem copying from the same string to the same string. I still think it is a bug in Ubuntu g++ compiler considering that Mac or Windows does not have this problem. I don't have access to my work computer now, because our University has lost electrical power again for the 5th time in the last month. I will update CLAN as soon as the electricity comes back up.

Leonid.

Leonid Spektor

Apr 7, 2018, 2:47:22 AM4/7/18
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Trevor,

I have updated unix-clan on the web. please get new version and see if it works for you.

Leonid.

Trevor Brandon-Harris

Apr 7, 2018, 3:20:34 AM4/7/18
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Leonid,

It works great now. Thanks so much for your help!

Trevor

Trevor,

Trevor,