Errors for morphological codes

JONATHAN JIN

Jun 19, 2017, 7:19:37 PM6/19/17
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Hello I am trying to use a freq command to specifically locate noun words with possessive parts of speech. I have posted a picture of my code. How can I fix this?

Thank you.
Jonathan Jin.
error code.pdf

Leonid Spektor

Jun 20, 2017, 1:40:39 AM6/20/17
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Jonathan,

The command line you want to use is:

freq +u +t*CHI +sm|n,|n:*,~|poss filename.cha

The reason you got the error message is because your file "13FKMRMC.CHA" does not have speaker "*CHI". The other problem is that in CHAT English grammar possessive parts of speech are marker as "~poss", so I don't understand why you were looking for past tense words. The command you have in your attached PDF file would locate all noun words and all past tense words, if the *CHI speaker was present in that file. One more comment I would like to make is that ",**" at the end of +r4 option will be ignored by CLAN, because it make no sense there.

Leonid.

error code.pdf