monosyllabic word repeated several times

Anne-Lise Leclercq

Jun 27, 2023, 7:58:47 AM6/27/23
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Dear ChiBolts,

When I run the Check command on files with disfluencies, I realise that the program no longer recognises [x 3] codes for monosyllabic words repeated three times. Can you confirm that we don't have to code them like that any more, please?
Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Anne-Lise Leclercq

Associate Professor, University of Liege, Belgium

Nan Bernstein Ratner

Jun 27, 2023, 9:04:05 AM6/27/23
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that code has been retired, and the repetition must be represented by [/] in order for dependent tier codes (such as pronunciation) to align with the speaker's production.

Nan Bernstein Ratner, F-, H-ASHA, F-AAAS, ABCLD
she/her/hers
Professor
Hearing and Speech Sciences
University of Maryland
0100 Lefrak Hall
College Park, MD 20742

Immediate Past President, International Fluency Association (IFA; http://theifa.org)

Faculty, Language Science (languagescience.umd.edu; Neuroscience & Cognitive Neuroscience (NACS, nacs.umd.edu), Developmental Science Field Committee

Brian Macwhinney

Jun 27, 2023, 9:44:12 AM6/27/23
to ChiBolts, Anne-Lise Leclercq
Dear Anne-Lise,
You can use this CLAN command to change them to the required format:
kwal -d90 +d +f +t@ +t% *.cha +1 +re

— Brian MacWhinney
Teresa Heinz Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
Language Technologies and Modern Languages, CMU

Anne-Lise Leclercq

Jun 27, 2023, 10:43:08 AM6/27/23
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nan and Brian,

Thank you for your quick reply and this valuable command, which will help me to change my previous transcriptions :-)
Regards,

Anne-Lise