Re: Marking addressee and excluding from MLU counts

Rowland, Caroline

Feb 1, 2019, 8:37:08 AM2/1/19
to chib...@googlegroups.com

Hi Leonid and Brian,

We’ve tried using [+ mlue] postcodes on the mainline (see attached for sample test file) and it doesn’t seem to be excluding the utterances automatically. Note that we don’t have a %mor line so we are using simply:

mlu –t%mor *.cha

Note also that we are transcribing in ELAN (for various reasons) and converting to CHAT using the ELAN export to chat command, so the attached file is a conversion from an eaf file.

Thanks

Caro

Feb 1, 2019, 10:21:05 AM2/1/19
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Caro,

MLU is supposed to be used with %mor tier. If you are running MLU on just speaker tier, then you will get fewer morpheme counts than if you had %mor tiers in the file, because morphemes are identified by special symbols on %mor tier only. I will change MLU to not ignore [+ mlue] post-code when running MLU on speaker tier.

Leonid.

test.ELANtoCHAT.mlu.cha

Rowland, Caroline

Feb 1, 2019, 10:44:56 AM2/1/19