MOR does not recognize some words

katrin...@hotmail.com

Nov 7, 2018, 9:47:57 AM11/7/18
to chibolts
Dear Chibolts,

I've run MOR +xb over my transcript and corrected any errors that occurred, so that "all words were found in the lexicon". However, when I then run the MOR command for this transcript I receive the message detailed below

Your transcript(s) have 2039 word(s) with 8 word(s) that MOR does not recognize.
These words are listed in a file labeled with the name of your input file that ends in ".ulx.cex"

I don't understand why there are now unrecognizable words and unfortunately the .ulx.cex file is not being written by CLAN and so I can't check for these words.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Katrina

Leonid Spektor

Nov 7, 2018, 10:39:49 AM11/7/18
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Katrina,

I can only address the ".ulx.cex" file. Other people are in charge of maintaining MOR lexicon.

Depending on where your input files are located the ".ulx.cex" file might be written to location that you don't expect. Look for the message at the end of run of MOR command that says "Output file <your_file_name.ulx.cex>". This will tell you where that file was written. You can simply triple click with right mouse key on that line and CLAN will automatically located and open that file for you.

Leonid.

Nan Bernstein Ratner

Nov 7, 2018, 11:13:09 AM11/7/18
to chib...@googlegroups.com

This could be completely off base, but I do have students (and I do this sometimes myself), who load the OLD file by mistake (by selecting from the file in window, or even the CLAN file dropdown window that lists recent files you opened. Try clearing the CLAN file in window, grabbing your fixed file from a new search, and see if this helps?

Nan Bernstein Ratner, F-, H-ASHA, F-AAAS, ABCLD
Professor
Hearing and Speech Sciences
University of Maryland
0100 Lefrak Hall
College Park, MD 20742

President, International Fluency Association (IFA; http://theifa.org)
Director, University of Maryland Autism Research Consortium (UMARC), www.autism.umd.edu
Faculty, Language Science (languagescience.umd.edu; Neuroscience & Cognitive Neuroscience (NACS, nacs.umd.edu), Developmental Science Field Committee

katrin...@hotmail.com

Nov 7, 2018, 1:05:49 PM11/7/18
to chibolts
Hi Leonid,

Thank you for your advice, but unfortunately a ulx.cex file is not be written by CLAN, I've tried triple clicking and also searched my C: and D: on my computer. Instead a .mod file is created where my input files are located, however this .mod file is empty. It's quite bizarre because ulx.cex files were written successfully when I previously used the MOR +xb command. I have made sure that I am using the correct input files......any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Katrina

Leonid Spektor

Nov 7, 2018, 1:35:29 PM11/7/18
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Katrina,

Normally MOR creates .mod file, but it deletes it before successful finish. I must assume that in your case MOR fails somewhere along the way.  I want you to make sure that you use the latest version of CLAN. Quit your CLAN completely, install latest CLAN and start it. Next make sure that you install the latest MOR grammar, because CLAN is closely linked to MOR grammar. . You can use CLAN to download and install MOR grammar by using "File->Get MOR Grammar->English-eng" menu. If you use different language grammar, then choose that language. Now try running MOR again.

If it still doesn't work, then please email to me directly the content of "CLAN Output" window after you run the MOR command. I need to see what messages exactly MOR outputs.

Leonid.