Utterances with certain character strings

Samantha Golden

Sep 4, 2023, 12:56:18 PM9/4/23
to chibolts
I am trying to use CLAN to pull any utterances that include certain character strings. When I try running my code, I keep receiving error messages, though.  How would I create a command that pulls any utterances, regardless of speaker, that contain any of the relevant strings (not necessarily morphemes) as well as the utterance just before the one with the string?

For example, I want to know any time anyone says something that includes "aburr," or "desanim," or "enfad" and the utterance that comes just before the one that includes any of those strings.

Any help is appreciated thank you!!
Samantha

Leonid Spektor

Sep 4, 2023, 8:04:31 PM9/4/23
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Samantha,

Try commands:

kwal +s*aburr* -w1 filename.cha
kwal +s*desanim* -w1 filename.cha
kwal +s*enfad* -w1 filename.cha

If you want dependent tiers included in the output, then add +t% option

Leonid.

Samantha Golden

Sep 7, 2023, 4:22:39 PM9/7/23
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leonid,

Thanks so much it works perfectly now!

Samantha

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "chibolts" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chibolts/CE097552-57BF-4830-98D6-E2CD45E4F837%40andrew.cmu.edu.