How can I get all the GRASP tags types for a particular word

Zhuo Chen

Jun 18, 2014, 4:41:09 PM6/18/14
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Dear CHIBOLTS,

I'm wondering how I can find all the GRASP tags types for a particular word.

I used FREQ to get all the MOR tag types for the word "that". Since the actual word "that" appears in the mor tier, I can easily do it. However, I don't know how I can extract all the GRASP tag types for "that". The new cross-tier correspondence feature d7 requires specifying the tags on both tiers. I'm wondering whether I can specify the tag on one tier and CLAN can give me the corresponding tag on the GRASP tier.

Thanks,
Zhuo

Leonid Spektor

Jun 18, 2014, 4:53:07 PM6/18/14
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Zhuo,

You are right at this time there is a limitation when cross matching between main speaker tier and %gra tier. It will be fixed in a week or so. But, you can cross match between %mor and %gra tier. Try this command:

freq +t%mor +t%gra +s@r-that +d7 +o3 +u *.cha

Leonid.

Zhuo Chen

Jun 18, 2014, 5:17:47 PM6/18/14
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Leonid! I got all the Grasp tag types for "that".

Zhuo Chen

Jun 18, 2014, 7:10:26 PM6/18/14
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Dear Leonid,

One more question. is it possible to specify the word in the mor tier when I use the d7 feature?

Best,
Zhuo

Leonid Spektor

Jun 18, 2014, 10:28:35 PM6/18/14
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Zhuo,

+s@ option is the new way to specify words on %mor tier. The "+s@r-that" means find all words with root/stem “that”. You can get more information on +/-s@ feature in CLAN manual or type “freq +s@“ in command window and press return key for short description.

Leonid.

Zhuo Chen

Jun 18, 2014, 11:02:47 PM6/18/14
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Leonid! I looked at the description and did it.