Trouble Running KidEval on certain files but not others

Yasmeen Faroqi-Shah

Feb 4, 2015, 11:56:27 AM2/4/15
to chib...@googlegroups.com
We are trying to run KidEval on transcribed files. The files work perfectly fine on Eval, but have many error messages when we try to run KidEval. I tried uninstalling CLAN and re-installing it and ran KidEval. Some files that didn't work before, now work. We have about 5 that still aren't running. It keeps saying that the %mor tier doesn't have a one to one correspondance, but it should because it runs without error in regular Eval. Any suggestions?

Brian MacWhinney

Feb 4, 2015, 12:16:12 PM2/4/15
to ChiBolts
Dear Yasmeen,
    Perhaps you could send me a file that is having problems and I would then see the problem more clearly.

Somewhat as an aside, having the %mor align with the main tier is important for accuracy in any case.  CHECK doesn’t (yet) check for this alignment, but Chatter does.  I always run CHECK first on files, and then Chatter to pick up any remaining errors.  I can give you more precise information after looking at one of your problem files.

— Brian MacWhinney

On Feb 4, 2015, at 11:56 AM, Yasmeen Faroqi-Shah <umd.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

We are trying to run KidEval on transcribed files. The files work perfectly fine on Eval, but have many error messages when we try to run KidEval. I tried uninstalling CLAN and re-installing it and ran KidEval. Some files that didn't work before, now work. We have about 5 that still aren't running. It keeps saying that the %mor tier doesn't have a one to one correspondance, but it should because it runs without error in regular Eval. Any suggestions?

Yasmeen Faroqi-Shah

Feb 4, 2015, 1:22:41 PM2/4/15
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brian,
I attached one of the files. Hopefully it's a simple fix.
APM5_9_month.cha

Brian MacWhinney

Feb 4, 2015, 8:23:56 PM2/4/15
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Dear Yasmeen,

     Once I got the file through CHECK, the problems went away.  I’ll send you a copy separately with details about what I fixed.

—Brian

<APM5_9_month.cha>