CLAN changes

Brian MacWhinney

Dec 4, 2017, 11:20:09 AM12/4/17
to ChiBolts
Dear ChiBolts,
There are two recent changes to CLAN worth noting.

The first is that Chinese/East Asian characters in the CSV (comma separated variables) output for Excel that many CLAN programs produce now appear properly in Excel.

The second is that it is now possible to use the -s switch in MOR to exclude utterances with specific postcodes from MOR analysis.

If you need either of these features, please download a new version of CLAN. Whenever you get a new version, it will at first remind you to run CHECK in the editor. You can turn this reminder off in CLAN Options under the Edit menu.

—Brian MacWhinney

bwv...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2018, 1:57:18 PM2/2/18
to chibolts
Thanks. Does this mean that when running MLU in morphemes on the %mor tier the s- switch to exclude specific postcodes doesn't work (in previous versions of CLAN)? I had assumed it did work as no error messages have come up. But I guess not if the postcode is on the speaker line anyway?

Brian MacWhinney

Feb 2, 2018, 1:59:51 PM2/2/18
to ChiBolts, bwv...@gmail.com
Dear b...@gmail.com

I find it helpful to know who is posting messages to chibolts.  Would it be possible for you to sign your name to your messages?

Many thanks,

--Brian MacWhinney, CMU

Victoria Ward

Feb 2, 2018, 2:22:43 PM2/2/18
to chibolts
I have changed the settings to display name - should show now.