Question with codeswitching utterances

Cristina Manteca Gacho

Nov 15, 2023, 4:15:57 PM11/15/23
to chibolts
Hi,

My lab is currently having a problem in the code-switching transcription. We have files that are in Spanish and English and files that are primarily in Spanish. When running MORE GRAMMAR (Spanish,English) come up with errors in every utterance in Spanish but in English in English works perfectly.
Do you have any suggestions,

Thank you so much,
Cristina

Leonid Spektor

Nov 15, 2023, 6:55:31 PM11/15/23
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Cristina,

 MOR works with just one language at the time. If you have marked utterances with proper language pre-code like "[- eng]" for English and/or "[- spa]" for Spanish. Then set "mor lib" in Commands window to the English grammar and add +s[- eng] or -s[- spa] option, depending on which one you used in your transcripts, to MOR command. After that set "mor lib" in Commands window to the Spanish grammar and add -s[- eng] or +s[- spa] option, depending on which one you used in your transcripts, to MOR command

Leonid.

Brian Macwhinney

Nov 15, 2023, 7:12:56 PM11/15/23
to ChiBolts, Cristina Manteca Gacho
Dear Cristina,
For me to understand your problem, I would need to see the transcripts you are analyzing. You can send me a copy to ma...@cmu.edu <mailto:ma...@cmu.edu>

— Brian MacWhinney
Teresa Heinz Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
Language Technologies and Modern Languages, CMU