CherryPy EOL Versions?

Symphoni

Dec 16, 2020, 10:41:45 AM12/16/20
to cherrypy-users
I am trying to figure out if there are any EOL versions for CherryPy, and if so, when do these versions typically become EOL? Thanks.

Sviatoslav Sydorenko

Dec 16, 2020, 10:50:13 AM12/16/20
to cherryp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Symphoni,

ср, 16 груд. 2020 о 16:41 'Symphoni' via cherrypy-users
<cherryp...@googlegroups.com> пише:

> I am trying to figure out if there are any EOL versions for CherryPy, and if so,
> when do these versions typically become EOL? Thanks.

We don't do LTS (with the exception of v17 for py2 compat but that's not very
active either). So don't expect any backports except for the serious bugfixes.

Only the latest is really supported. We don't have resources for any complex
release management.

There's also Cheroot that used to be a part of CherryPy and is not separate.
It's now a dependency. The same principle applies to it too. We'll drop support
for anything older than Python 3.6 in Cheroot v9 but will attempt to backport
things to v8.x on the best-effort basis or accept the backports sent by
somebody else for as long as they are for bugs or security problems.

--
Cheers,
Sviatoslav.

---