Initial Page - Garbage before file contents

Craig Johnson

Mar 19, 2020, 8:42:47 AM3/19/20
to cherrypy-users
Hi All,

I'm running a Cherrypy server which serves an initial static page "Default.html".  This is on a Windows server.

The page is being served with a few extraneous characters after the headers and before the actual file contents.  See below.
Any ideas where these are coming from?

Craig

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:22:22 GMT
Set-Cookie: session_id=a6f56e0233c60159ec61f400a03b91d9e1011396; expires=Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:22:22 GMT; Max-Age=3600; Path=/

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
        .Headers {
            font-size: x-large

Michiel Overtoom

Mar 19, 2020, 10:19:32 AM3/19/20
to cherryp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Craig,

> I'm running a Cherrypy server which serves an initial static page "Default.html". This is on a Windows server. The page is being served with a few extraneous characters after the headers and before the actual file contents. Any ideas where these are coming from?

Apparently your Default.html file contains a Byte Order Mark.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3255993/how-do-i-remove-%C3%AF-from-the-beginning-of-a-file

Greetings,

--
"You can't actually make computers run faster, you can only make them do less." - RiderOfGiraffes

Craig Johnson

Mar 19, 2020, 3:03:22 PM3/19/20
to cherrypy-users
Wow - so simple when you ask the right people.  Thank you for this reply, it was 100% correct.

Craig