Totally Disappointed

Mike Letson

Aug 12, 2019, 5:39:04 PM8/12/19
to CFEclipse Users
Historically, I have had zero problems setting up an Eclipse environment. It was a stupidly simply process. 1. Download Eclipse. 2. Install cfEclipse via the "Install New Software" option. Boom. Done.

Not so anymore! The whole cfeclipse intallation process is totally broken. First of all, who mandated mxunit to be bundled into cfeclipse? Was it always this way?

Secondly, where's the cfeclipse update site? No URL that I've tried in the last TWO WEEKS works. Even Eclipse Marketplace won't install it.

RELIABLE and ACCURATE installation instruction would be MOST welcome.

And on a lighter note ... thank you :)

Andrew Myers

Aug 12, 2019, 5:43:40 PM8/12/19
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
The sad fact Mike is that there’s nobody actively working on cfeclipse anymore.  I have commit rights but I don’t have the skillset or time to do anything.

I don’t know whether to just declare the project dead or try and see if there’s any interest in crowd funding to pay someone to help us get it back working with current eclipse builds.

You can try a build I put together some time ago at https://cfeclipse.org/update-nightly but I can’t guarantee it works with current builds.

Lastly coming here and shouting probably doesn’t endear you to anyone

Andrew

For more information on CFEclipse visit: cfeclipse.org
For support, FAQ and tips and tricks visit: https://github.com/cfeclipse/cfeclipse/wiki

You are subscribed to the Google Groups "CFEclipse Users" group.
To post send email to: cfeclip...@googlegroups.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CFEclipse Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cfeclipse-users/42db0100-ee9b-437e-adf3-aaca3085d3d0%40googlegroups.com.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Peter Boughton

Aug 12, 2019, 6:14:29 PM8/12/19
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Which bit of this installation guide doesn't work?

https://github.com/cfeclipse/cfeclipse/wiki/Installing-CFEclipse
Message has been deleted

Ruslan Sivak

Aug 13, 2019, 8:51:58 AM8/13/19
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
I think everyone has moved to vscode now.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019, 6:37 PM Andrew Myers <am2...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the build at /update still references the mxunit.org domain which no longer exists

I’ve always had difficulty getting the project to build locally but I got it working at one stage which is what is at /update-nightly.  It’s diverged a lot from master  though.  I have a pull request there but I think it’s safe to say Denny isn’t active anymore.  I could just merge it myself but I don’t know what the process is of getting that onto the update site, unless I do it by hand, which I’m reluctant to do.

I am also aware that anything that breaks I’ll need to support and I’m not sure I have the motivation / talent / energy for it right now

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 8:14 am, Peter Boughton <boug...@gmail.com> wrote:
Which bit of this installation guide doesn't work?

https://github.com/cfeclipse/cfeclipse/wiki/Installing-CFEclipse

For more information on CFEclipse visit: cfeclipse.org
For support, FAQ and tips and tricks visit: https://github.com/cfeclipse/cfeclipse/wiki

You are subscribed to the Google Groups "CFEclipse Users" group.
To post send email to: cfeclip...@googlegroups.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CFEclipse Users" group.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

For more information on CFEclipse visit: cfeclipse.org
For support, FAQ and tips and tricks visit: https://github.com/cfeclipse/cfeclipse/wiki

You are subscribed to the Google Groups "CFEclipse Users" group.
To post send email to: cfeclip...@googlegroups.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CFEclipse Users" group.

Mark Drew

Aug 13, 2019, 9:33:53 AM8/13/19
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com

Nathan Strutz

Aug 13, 2019, 9:57:50 AM8/13/19
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Myers

Aug 13, 2019, 6:02:29 PM8/13/19
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
I personally use Codemix so I can run VSCode in eclipse.  But I’m a contrarian :-)