Chromebook sign in

Jason Keelan

May 12, 2022, 7:19:29 AM5/12/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Just looking for a bit of advice. Pupils constantly forgetting passwords to login to chromebooks. Wondering what other primary schools do in regard to pupils logging in? Just hassle having to go into admin to reset them so often for individual pupils. Any suggestions to keep the privacy for them but with some other ideas really? Thanks

Simon Lewis

May 12, 2022, 7:26:37 AM5/12/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason

We use Clever.com but not sure if it's available any more to individual Irish school. Worth checking out though

Simon
Simon Lewis
🎙 Podcast: http://www.anseo.net
🐦 Twitter: @simonmlewis
🧡 Mash.ie - https://www.mash.ie

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 12:19 PM Jason Keelan <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just looking for a bit of advice. Pupils constantly forgetting passwords to login to chromebooks. Wondering what other primary schools do in regard to pupils logging in? Just hassle having to go into admin to reset them so often for individual pupils. Any suggestions to keep the privacy for them but with some other ideas really? Thanks

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CANPYKf1wk4wNjKqdr2Q99yPgYZQe-t9v%3DaVsAf-1TMmW_YaSFg%40mail.gmail.com.

Paul Molamphy

May 12, 2022, 7:32:37 AM5/12/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason

There is an admin level which allows users to manage basic account information such as usernames and passwords. I've made our classroom teachers this level admins so they can manage their own students' accounts.

Paul

Paul de Lacy

May 12, 2022, 10:25:40 AM5/12/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Our primary school gets pupils to write their log in details inside the front cover of their homework journals early in September and then they have them at home and at school all year.

Paul

Anne White

May 12, 2022, 2:42:11 PM5/12/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
At the beginning  of the year we issue login and password on a label which kids stick in their journal and when they’ve chromebooks they just take out the journal
Working well for us so far from senior infants up - junior infants need a little help..

Sent from my iPhone

Liam

May 13, 2022, 6:15:28 AM5/13/22
to CESI-list
I'd recommend looking into Wonde. Allows for login to Chromebooks with QR Codes or Emoji Passwords. Really useful in getting pupils logged in quickly and with ease. They also have a Google Sync product which will link to your MIS and automatically create Google accounts for pupils, update their Google Classroom enrollment, groups etc.