Converting QuestionnnaireResponse FHIR resource to Observation FHIR resource

Assigned to madhur.raje...@gmail.com by Fenil....@cerner.com

booma radhakrishnan

Jun 10, 2021, 7:10:07 AM6/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Team,

Please provide some information to convert the QuestionnaireResponse FHIR resource to  the Observation FHIR resource for cerner R4 support.

Any documentation or examples will be more helpful.

Regards
Radhakrishnan

Madhur Rajendran (Cerner)

Jun 11, 2021, 11:10:40 AM6/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Radhakrishnan,

Can you clarify what you're trying to do?

We only support creating Vital Signs and Laboratory Observations through the Ignite APIs currently.

Thanks,
Madhur (Cerner)

girish radhakrishnan

Jun 11, 2021, 11:15:40 AM6/11/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Madhur ,

We are creating a simple survey questionnaire  for the  patient  which has few questions and "yes"  or "no"type answers once submit the answers will  store the data against the patient id with questions and answers.

Regards
Radhakrishnan

Madhur Rajendran (Cerner)

Jun 11, 2021, 11:32:44 AM6/11/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
You can't create your own questionnaire unfortunately. We will only be supporting creating a response to an existing Questionnaire, for right now.

Thanks,
Madhur

booma radhakrishnan

Jun 11, 2021, 11:45:25 AM6/11/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mahdur,

Thanks for the instant reply. I need your help. Will appreciate if you provide an example.
 I am planning to post the  questionnaireResponse as mentioned below.

"resourceType": "QuestionnaireResponse",
"meta": {
"profile": [
],
"tag": [
{
"code": "lformsVersion: 29.0.3"
}
]
},
"status": "completed",
"authored": "2021-06-10T11:02:30.407Z",
"item": [
{
"linkId": "/food",
"text": "Food",
"item": [
{
"linkId": "/food/1",
"text": "Within the past 12 months, did you worry that your food would run out before you got money to buy more?",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
},
{
"linkId": "/food/2",
"text": "Within the past 12 months, did the food you bought just not last and you didn’t have money to get more?",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
}
]
},
{
"linkId": "/housingUtilities",
"text": "Housing/ Utilities",
"item": [
{
"linkId": "/housingUtilities/3",
"text": "Within the past 12 months, have you ever stayed: outside, in a car, in a tent, in an overnight shelter, or temporarily in someone else’s home (i.e. couch-surfing)?",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
},
{
"linkId": "/housingUtilities/4",
"text": "Are you worried about losing your housing?",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
},
{
"linkId": "/housingUtilities/5",
"text": "Within the past 12 months, have you been unable to get utilities (heat, electricity) when it was really needed?",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
}
]
},
{
"linkId": "/transportation",
"text": "Transportation",
"item": [
{
"linkId": "/transportation/6",
"text": "Within the past 12 months, has a lack of transportation kept you from medical appointments or from doing things needed for daily living?",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
}
]
},
{
"linkId": "/interpersonalSafety",
"text": "Interpersonal Safety",
"item": [
{
"linkId": "/interpersonalSafety/7",
"text": "Do you feel physically or emotionally unsafe where you currently live?",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
},
{
"linkId": "/interpersonalSafety/8",
"text": "Within the past 12 months, have you been hit, slapped, kicked or otherwise physically hurt by anyone?",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
},
{
"linkId": "/interpersonalSafety/9",
"text": "Within the past 12 months, have you been humiliated or emotionally abused by anyone?",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
}
]
},
{
"linkId": "/immediateNeed",
"text": "Optional: Immediate Need",
"item": [
{
"linkId": "/immediateNeed/10",
"text": "Are any of your needs urgent? For example, you don’t have food for tonight, you don’t have a place to sleep tonight, you are afraid you will get hurt if you go home today.",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
},
{
"linkId": "/immediateNeed/11",
"text": "Would you like help with any of the needs that you have identified?",
"answer": [
{
"valueCoding": {
"code": "true",
"display": "Yes"
}
}
]
}
]
}
],
"subject": {
"reference": "Patient/erXuFYUfucBZaryVksYEcMg3"
}
}

Regards
Radhakrishnan

booma radhakrishnan

Jun 11, 2021, 12:30:32 PM6/11/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Madhur,

Can we use Obsrvation Resource using SDC (Structure data capture) for converting questionnaireResponse to the Observation.

REgards
Radhakrishnan

girish radhakrishnan

Jun 13, 2021, 10:12:11 AM6/13/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Rahendran,

Can you please provide  details how to proceed further on this

Madhur Rajendran (Cerner)

Jun 14, 2021, 10:26:15 AM6/14/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Radhakrishnan,

We don't currently support the SDC Implementation Guide. As of right now, we only support writing QuestionnaireResponses that reference Questionnaires that are returned by our server.

Our documentation, https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/definitional-artifacts/questionnaire/, should cover how to retrieve the supported questionnaires. You will only be able to answer the questions that are on those Questionnaires.

Thanks,
Madhur (Cerner)